You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| August 29, 2013
Sequel To Popular Sandbox Game Junk Jack Hits The App Store With Lots Of 'X-tras'
Terraria is not the only notable 2-D sandbox game that has just been released on iOS. As it turns out, the sequel to Junk Jack, the popular Minecraft-like game from indie developer Pixbits, has just hit the App Store as well. As announced by Pixbits last May, the sequel is called Junk Jack X. And it delivers all of the features that made the original game a success plus a lot of "X-tras." Among the biggest new features in Junk Jack X is multiplayer support for up to four players in local mode and up to two players in online mode. There's also a new creative mode in which you can build everything you can imagine, and there's also a new adventure mode in which you can travel between multiple planets. Moreover, Junk Jack X boasts hundreds of different wearable items to equip your character with and liquids to enhance or impede your explorations. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Junk Jack X also features the following:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, Junk Jack X is available now in the App Store for $4.99. As Pixbits proudly proclaims, Junk Jack X is not a freemium game: "buy it once and enjoy the full game experience!" Stay tuned to AppAdvice for our full review of Junk Jack X. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- polished pixel graphics, full retina support
- tenths of wonderful music tracks by Bright Primate
- intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything
- infinite procedurally generated worlds to make every adventure always different
- a dynamic day/night cycle that blends with wonderful skies in parallax
- a vibrant lighting engine that will make you enjoy every minute spent in Junk Jack X worlds
- character customization, you can play also as a female!
- a rewarding exploration thanks to treasure chests full of cool things
- more than 750 crafts to be built
- more than 1600 treasures
- more than 350 placeable items
- more than 150 different creatures and monsters
- explosives, shelves, signs, dyes and all the features you liked in Junk Jack
- a complete farming system with more than 50 plants, even many alien and exotic plants
- an in game guide that will teach you how to play
- two ways of crafting to accommodate even needs of casual users