You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 11, 2013
PhotoStackr For Ipernity Launches As PhotoStackr's iOS Apps Receive Updates
Most of us have been preoccupied with Apple's iPhone special event over the last couple of days, but during this period a brand new addition to the PhotoStackr family launched in the App Store. Called PhotoStackr for Ipernity, as its name suggests the application allows iDevice users to browse, upload, share, download, and edit their Ipernity-hosted photos using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Features are aplenty, and as developer iPont Software explains in the app's release notes, these include:
It's also possible to upload to Ipernity using the iOS application, and to edit photographs while on the go. Images may also be shared using email, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or AirPlay, and it's also possible to download Ipernity photographs for offline viewing. [caption id="attachment_460888" align="aligncenter" width="332"] PhotoStackr for Ipernity.[/caption] Finally, PhotoStackr's other iOS applications have received updates adding support for Ipernity (which can be unlocked using an in-app purchase), along with photo effects for Aviary editor, improved navigation on the iPad when selecting to view a photographer's photos, and a number of bug fixes. As mentioned, PhotoStackr for Ipernity can be downloaded in the App Store for $0.99, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Check out the new application now, or for more of our recent app news, see: In Beach Games For iOS, It's Summer All Year Round, Today's Apps Gone Free: Tesla Toy, Workout, Task And More, and Updated: Should You Find Your Next Issue On Readr's Magazine App For iPad?.
- Single app compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad.
- Choose how you want to view your photos: in a list, gallery style, full screen or slideshow mode.
- When viewing your photos in gallery style you can pinch-in and out to view 2 sizes of thumbnails
- The full screen photo browser lets you swipe through photos and zoom by pinching. (Landscape and Portrait.)
- You can look at your own photos, your albums and your contacts and their photos.
- Browse Ipernity content whether you have an Ipernity account or not.
- Browse via user's Streams, Albums or Tags
- No need for paging while looking at large photosets. PhotoStackr does it automatically in the background.
- Photos are cached locally for fast access.
- Offline mode for looking at photos while disconnected.
- A unique feature is the "STACK". The Stack lets you mark photos and photosets from you or any other people. This stack is saved on your iPad, so that you can keep this list without having to publish it to Ipernity. Useful when you want to review photos later, or share them all via email