A week ago, we told you that a “massive” update was in the pipeline for the former AppAdvice Game of the Week and Apple Free App of the Week Pivvot. Well, that update has just gone live in the App Store.
As previously announced, the new update, which is Pivvot’s first ever, adds a couple of new game modes. One is Random Endless, which is “like Endless but random and faster,” and the other is Random Expert Endless, which is “like Expert Endless but random and faster.”
The update also delivers iOS 7 compatibility, several bug fixes, and the following improvements:
- Leaderboards now show Game Center scores
- Ability to invert controls in settings
- Ability to reset progress on Voyage modes or erase all data
- Switched from Kamcord to Everyplay for replays
- Challenge your friends: when they beat your score you’ll get a notification!
- Replays now have ability to record voice and facecam for Let’s Play-style videos
- You can now record long replays of multiple games rather than just a single playthrough
- The Voyage modes now have death counters. Get the least deaths possible!
- Added a link to the soundtrack in settings menu
- Ability to toggle replays
- Added some help instructions to settings menu
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new version of Pivvot is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $2.99 download. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later.
As it turns out, a poem penned by Pivvot creator Whitaker Trebella also accompanies the update, or at least its release notes:
Thank you all who got my game,
You are very nice.
You’re the matchstick to my flame,
The water to my ice.
Now ain’t that already worth the game’s, er, price?