You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 26, 2013
Portrait Photo-Editing App Facetune Goes 2.0 And Makes The Jump To iPad
Facetune, the highly rated portrait photo editor for iPhone and iPod touch, has just received its big 2.0 update. Facetune 2.0 introduces localized filters and new frames, among other enhancements. With localized filters, you can now control the exact placement and intensity of each filter. And with the app's new frames, you can add creative photo frames with support for a before-and-after comparison of the edited and unedited photos. The newly updated app also features textures, tones, and other improvements:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. "I highly recommend getting this app if you have ever wanted to do some touching up with portraits on your iPhone," noted Christine in her review of Facetune here on AppAdvice. "I do hope that the developers will have an iPad version of this app, because the iPad’s screen would make editing even easier." As it turns out, Facetune for iPad has just been released, offering "all the advantages of Facetune, with unprecedented user control, strikingly natural results, and an ease of use never seen before." Facetune 2.0 and the new Facetune for iPad are both available now in the App Store. Facetune costs $2.99, while Facetune for iPad costs $3.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Textures: Now users can apply amazing textures to the photo, to add another unique picture effect. Each texture can also be controlled for intensity and localization.
- Tones: We have added a full color spectrum to choose from.
- Menu redesign: Fuller and clearer import and share menus.
- Share Screens: We improved the general look and functionality of the share screens.
- Help Screens: Redesigned help screens, with extensive explanations of each feature, with beautiful and easy to understand graphics and videos.
- Demo Photos: We have added new Demo photos for users to practice on.
- Existing Feature Improvement: All the features you know and love are now more accurate and effective.
- Bug fixes.