You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| September 25, 2013
The 60 Minutes App Receives Its First Significant Update In 3 Years
The 60 Minutes app for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad has received its first significant update since first arriving in the App Store in 2010. The app has been completely redesigned to take into account Apple’s new iOS 7, plus it now offers more video content. Priced at $4.99, the universal app features current and archival footage from CBS’ venerable newsmagazine, “60 Minutes.” The newest app version includes 50 new “classic” segments from throughout the show’s 45-year history, plus a section that allows users to browse content by decade. This brings to 250 the number of archival video segments now available. Another new 3.0 feature is the ability to bookmark stories for later viewing. These bookmarks are carried across multiple devices using Apple’s iCloud system. [caption id="attachment_467589" align="aligncenter" width="800"] 60 Minutes app for iPhone[/caption] Other features include:
The 46th season of "60 Minutes" begins this Sunday, Sept. 29. You can download the 60 Minutes app right here.
- This Week on 60 Minutes – all the high-quality video segments and stories from each week’s broadcast
- Previews of each week’s show leading up to the broadcast
- 60 Minutes Overtime - originally produced content offering a weekly behind-the-scenes look at the production of 60 Minutes as well as a large archive of classic stories
- Overtime segments including 60 Rewind, Correspondent Candids and Overtime Originals
- Easily share your favorite segments and share via email, Facebook, or Twitter