The official Yahoo! Sports app has just scored another notable update.
Released back in December 2008 and formerly called Yahoo! Sportacular, Yahoo! Sports was updated to version 4.0 last June with universal support, data syncing, and a revamped interface. Then, just a month ago, it was updated to version 4.1 with MMA coverage, WNBA scores, and other enhancements.
This time, Yahoo! Sports has been pushed to version 4.1 with the following improvements:
- Our version of the read-option: Sign in to highlight your Yahoo Fantasy Football players on game details.
- New breaking news alerts: Push notifications about the most important stories in sports. So probably nothing about Tebow.
- Improved stats breakdowns for football games.
- Performance and speed improvements across the board.
- Sent iOS7 bugs to go wait in line for a gold iPhone.
Yahoo! Sports 4.2 is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
For more recent news concerning Yahoo’s iOS apps, check out Yahoo Updates Main iOS App With iOS 7 Redesign Plus New Features, Comedy Fans Will Enjoy The New Yahoo Screen App, and Yahoo Replaces Aviary With GhostBird As Photo-Editing Tech Provider In Flickr For iOS.