Apple fans have been accused of many things. Being quiet about their love for all things Apple isn’t one of them. One of those fans is Jonathan Zufi, who recently self-published a book on Apple and its many products. The 326-page “Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation,” is available now at iconicbook.com.
Four years in the making, the coffee table book includes hundreds of photographs, forewords and essays from some of the biggest “luminaries, commentators and influencers in the Apple community.” One of those contributors is Steve Wozniak, who co-founded the company with Steve Jobs.
Spread across six chapters, ‘Iconic’ features:
- Desktops : See the most important desktop machines, from the Apple 1 to the sleek ultra-thin 2012 iMac.
- Portables : From the first Macintosh Portable that weighed in at 16 pounds, to the incredibly thin MacBook Air, see how Apple has consistently driven innovation in the portable computing industry.
- Peripherals : Did you know that Apple once made printers? Digital cameras? Joysticks? Their product range today is vastly simplified and streamlined, but this chapter lets you browse through a myriad of peripherals that Apple brought us in the early years, giving insight into their early visual and design thinking.
- iDevices : From the groundbreaking first generation iPod to the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, see how the iPod, iPad and iPhone line up have evolved over the past 10 years. (We went to print in June 2013 so we just missed the 5c and 5s ;)
- Prototypes : Stunning photography of engineering prototypes from the personal collections of Apple enthusiasts around the world that give us a glimpse into how many of Apple’s products began.
- Packaging : No other company puts as much thought, attention and love into how their products are packaged. This chapter will show you why unboxing an Apple product is still a unique experience.
“Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation” is available in two versions. The classic edition is described as the “perfect coffee table book for the Apple enthusiast and a great gift for friends and family.” It is priced at $75 and available now.
The special edition includes a Corvon Metal-X cover, and Corvon Senzo black slipcase. It also includes a form fitting book case with “a design to celebrate the vintage Apple retro form factor of the late 70s and early 80s.
The $300 special edition also includes a single original 8.5″ x 11″ fine print on Canson Platine Fine Art paper, and a letter of authenticity from the author.
This version ships later this month. Interested buyers can sign up via the website to be notified when this edition becomes available.
“Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation” sounds like the perfect gift for the holidays, no?