You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 30, 2013
TurboScan Gets A New Look For Apple's iOS 7, Plus Other Enhancements
TurboScan, the popular alternative to Readdle's Scanner Pro, has received an update adding optimization for Apple's iOS 7, along with a number of further useful performance enhancements. The app supports the iPhone and iPod touch, and can be downloaded in the App Store for $1.99. Though Scanner Pro, which carries a $6.99 price tag, is indeed an effective application when it comes to "scanning" documents using an iDevice's camera, TurboScan offers users a similar experience for a few dollars less (we should note that a more minimalistic, less feature-heavy app from Readdle, Scanner Mini, is of course available free of charge for casual users). However, since iOS 7 launched, TurboScan users had been forced to suffer the app's pre-iOS 7 interface. That is, until now. Fortunately for iPhone and iPod touch users running iOS 7, TurboScan has received a glorious update adding support for the new mobile OS, along with a user interface overhaul. The application now looks great running alongside iOS 7, and features a more minimalistic interface along with support for the mobile operating system's icons and keyboard. [caption id="attachment_481003" align="aligncenter" width="677"] TurboScan.[/caption] But that's not all. Besides iOS 7 optimization, developer Piksoft has also made a number of performance enhancements to TurboScan. As outlined in the application's release notes, these include:
Furthermore, a number of bug fixes and more minor enhancements have also been made to the application. TurboScan 2.6.1 can be downloaded in the App Store for $1.99, and as mentioned, the application is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Check out the updated app now, or for more of our recent news, see: Could RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Finally Be Set To Take Off In The App Store?, Cause Of Death: Apple’s iOS 7?, and Today’s Apps Gone Free: Private Note, Timber!, Portal And More.
- Copy to Clipboard and Paste: copy pages between TurboScan documents and other apps, like Messages, Mail, and Pages. Transfer multiple photos from Camera Roll to TurboScan via Clipboard to reduce file sizes.
- Save multiple pages to Camera Roll.
- New “Open JPEG In” option on single-page view.
- Improved border detection: scan your documents on a variety of backgrounds, and regular photos on a black background.
- “Email to myself”: you can now specify multiple email addresses and CC addresses (separated by spaces).
- Multiple-page scanning: page orientations are now more stable.
- Gift app option added.