You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 25, 2013
Tweetbot 3 Hatches Out: Tapbots' Popular Twitter App Finally Redesigned For iOS 7
A week ago, Tapbots announced that the new iOS 7-optimized version of its popular Twitter client, Tweetbot, had been submitted to Apple for review. Well, today, that new version has been released in the App Store in the form of Tweetbot 3. When I updated to iOS 7, I switched from Tweetbot to Twitterrific 5, since the latter matches the look and feel of the new operating system. But with the arrival of Tweetbot 3, it appears that I'm set to revert to my previous Twitter app of choice. Tweetbot 3 is decidedly and delightfully designed for iOS 7. But it retains much of what made Tweetbot a hit Twitter app for iOS. Tapbots lists the following highlights of Tweetbot 3:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Tweetbot 3 is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of $2.99. Note that the app comes as a completely new app, and not as an update to the original Tweetbot app. So, even though you already own an old version of Tweetbot, you need to pay for Tweetbot 3 in order to download it on your iDevice. Note also that Tweetbot 3 is compatible with iOS 7 only and is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch only. Presumably, Tweetbot 3 for iPad is going to be released soon. Until then, the original Tweetbot for iPad remains available in the App Store for $2.99. The original Tweetbot for iPhone and iPod touch, on the other hand, has been removed from the App Store. Make sure to check back later here on AppAdvice for our full review of the brand new Tweetbot 3. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS7.
- Native Push Notifications.
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them. Mute services, hashtags, people, and even keywords (regex included).
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone, iPad, and the Mac via iCloud or Tweetmarker.
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp, Droplr, and more.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI's, attach photos/videos, manage your lists, and much more.