A couple of days after the launch of its Android version, MixBit for iOS has received its first major update.
Released on iOS a couple of months ago by YouTube cofounders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, MixBit is a Vine-like video-sharing app that lets you stitch together multiple clips or “bits” to create great videos. MixBit videos can be shared directly from the app or remixed by other users through the app’s official website.
As mentioned, MixBit has just received its first major update on iOS. This update delivers the following new features and improvements:
- Now browse even more videos with both featured and recent streams available.
- Choose “Quick”, “High” or “Raw” quality in settings to choose your preference for Faster Uploads on mobile vs. Higher Quality video.
- New upload process that’s faster and recovers better from interruptions.
- Trim and re-trim clips without losing any video right until you press publish with our new “Virtual Trim” built specifically for MixBit.
- You can now Mute individual clips – great to kill wind noise on scenic videos.
- Select the thumbnail of your choice to represent your video.
- Added the ability to export a fully stitched version of your video project, as well as individual video clips, before uploading.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new version of MixBit is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later.
The newly updated app also features improved usability with new icons and better visual integration with the recently released iOS 7.
MixBit was hailed by us here at AppAdvice as our App of the Week shortly after its release.