Delivery Status touch Update Delivers iCloud Keychain Support And Other Features
A month ago, Delivery Status touch was redesigned for iOS 7 and updated with a load of improvements. Now, the popular package-tracking app developed by Junecloud has received a follow-up update that delivers even more improvements.
First off, the latest update to Delivery Status touch adds support for Chronopost, which offers express shipping and delivery service both domestically in France and internationally. Chronopost is just one of the more than 30 services supported by Delivery Status touch.
The app's new update also introduces an easy way to switch between the default barcode scanner and the old ZBar scanner. Just press and hold the barcode scanner button to select the old Zbar scanner, which works better for certain barcodes, including those for DHL Germany and Hermes. To revert to the default barcode scanner, just press and hold again.
Delivery Status touch has also just been updated with iCloud Keychain integration for Junecloud sync, provided the personal info management feature is enabled.[caption id="attachment_490440" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Delivery Status touch[/caption]
The new version of Delivery Status touch also includes the following fixes and improvements:
- VoiceOver improvements.
- Calendar events are no longer marked as “busy”.
- Deliveries will now sync and update occasionally if the app is left open.
- A sound will now play if the status updates while the application is open, but not active.
- Fixed a bug that could cause background updates to fail if syncing took too long, especially with iCloud.
- Fixed a bug that could cause repeated notifications to appear.
- Fixed a bug with background updates that would cause some deliveries to update more than necessary.
- Fixed a bug where saved passwords were not always filled in automatically.
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash if the calendar used for delivery dates was removed.
- Fixed a bug where the app could get stuck in a loop when attempting to sync while your device was locked.
- Fixed a bug on where a pin at the top of the map might get cut off.
- Fixed a bug where action sheets (pop up lists of options) did not display correctly on iPad.
- Fixed some blurriness on non-Retina displays.
- Fixed some minor display problems with certain “Other” deliveries.
- The “Cancel” button on the Sync screen is now just a back button when it’s more appropriate.
- Updated app icon in sharing emails.
The new version of Delivery Status touch is available now as a free update or as a new $4.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
Delivery Status touch is included in AppAdvice’s Shipment Status Apps AppList.