You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| November 21, 2013
Sports Fans Are Flocking To Fancred 2.0 For iPhone
Fancred, the sports social network, has unveiled an update to its popular iOS app. Fancred 2.0 for the iPhone/iPod touch is optimized for iOS 7 and includes a number of new features. Launched earlier this year, Fancred’s iOS app is a social network solely dedicated to sports. It allows users to follow their favorite teams, access the best content, connect and interact with fellow fans as well as experts, and teams. [caption id="attachment_488633" align="aligncenter" width="1056"] Fancred 2.0[/caption] The latest app version includes:
The release of Fancred 2.0 comes following a recent seed investment of $1.5 million, and the signing of the Red Sox organization as its first professional team to join the Fancred community. The free app is available for download in the App Store. See also: Ahead Of Sochi 2014, The IOC Releases The Olympic Athletes' Hub App For iPhone, New Flick Kick Game Launches In The App Store: Football Legends, and ESPN Launches Revamped SportsCenter App For The iPhone.
- The Sports Feed is now more beautiful with larger, more vibrant photos for increased resolution and clarity, easy to read text and a new look and feel.
- Streamlined navigation allows you to easily search for people and team feeds with one tap.
- Getting started is easier than ever; we’ve completely revamped the onboarding experience.
- Fancred Suggestions enables you to quickly find new people to follow based on team affiliation and top Fancred scores.
- Instantly find Facebook friends who are on Fancred and invite more friends to join via text or email.