British Sports Fans Can Now Use The BBC Sport App On An iPad
As a reminder, the application allows British sport fans to watch football (soccer), Formula 1, cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, tennis, and golf using an iDevice; both live and on-demand content is made available in BBC Sport, and each sport type has its own dedicated page in the app.
It's also possible to access news stories and fixtures from within BBC Sport, and to share these to a number of different social networks. Users can tune into BBC Radio 5 for even more sport-related programming, too.
Here's a list of BBC Sport's main features, as outlined in the app's release notes:
- Home screen displaying the top stories across the world of sport
- A page for Football, Formula 1, Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Tennis, Golf
- A page for all the other main sports, plus major events
- Daily live text commentaries from BBC journalists
- Detailed football live scores, match stats and text commentaries
- A page for football teams and competitions including the Premier League
- A full season’s football fixtures and results searchable by day
- Football tables
- Customise the app with quick links to your favourite sport
- Share stories and results by email and on social networks
- Links to the BBC mobile site for stats pages for other sports, and league news. These will become available in the app in a future release
Now, however, British sport fans can enjoy accessing BBC Sport on an iPad or iPad mini. The update, which appeared in the App Store recently, also includes “usability and stability improvements,” according to the application's developer.
BBC Sport can be downloaded in the App Store free of charge, and as of this update, it's optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Check out the updated application now, or for more of our recent news, see: ARM Buys Entertainment Lighting Firm Geomerics, The Force Looks To Be Strong With Star Wars: KOTOR's Supermassive Update, and Check Out What's New In Cut The Rope 2 With This Brand New Gameplay Trailer.