Coursera, the popular educational technology company that offers courses online for free, has just released its official companion app on iOS.
Founded by a couple of computer science professors from Stanford University, Coursera partners with universities to make some of their courses available online for anyone to take for free. It offers courses in various areas, including engineering, mathematics, humanities, and medicine, with each course featuring short video lectures and assignments to be accomplished.
And now, thanks to the new Coursera app for iOS, you can now catch up on lectures and prepare for assignments even while you’re on the go. Coursera for iOS lets you:
- Browse over 500 courses in more than 20 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
- Enroll in courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
- Learn from top instructors representing more than 100 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
- Stream lectures online any time, or download for offline viewing
- Take courses in 12 languages including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian
- Watch short, modular lectures during your train ride, coffee break, or any other downtime in your day