Hatch Virtual Pet App Updated With New Trick, Holiday-Themed Items And More
Announced back in December last year, Hatch didn't hatch, so to speak, in the App Store until a month ago. And just a week after its release, the game received its first update, which brought new wallpapers and decorations, along with a few fixes and tweaks.
Now, Hatch has fetched its second update. As it turns out, this new update gives your pet fugu the tricky ability to fetch. "It’s simple," notes Impending, "just try throwing a fruit really high in the air over the trees and hill and see what happens ..."
The update also enables sharing your Hatch selfies with other members of the Hatch club on Facebook. And just in time for the holidays, the update adds limited-edition holiday-themed blankets, tree and ground decorations, and wallpapers to Max's gift shop.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new Hatch update also brings the following fixes and tweaks:
- fix for the stuck eggs!
- fix for people getting stuck in a crash cycle going to the store after their saves are repaired
- fix for the creatures always being hungry at max level
- hopefully no more empty gifts!
- hopefully no more falsely promised gifts!
- fixed oldest saves not getting deleted correctly
- there are now really two gift rugs
- fixed crash related to complete sticker collections
- poop will now clean itself up after a minute from when it’s bagged
- experimental fix for iOS notifications pausing the game
- fix for the gift / store exploit
- fix for the happy dance exploit
- fix for crash caused by incorrect wallpaper filename cases
- repaired some damage to the Hatch space time continuum caused by time traveling
- Max will remind you his shop is closed at night only if you tap something for sale
- you can now tap the store sign to enter Max’s gift shop, plus it’s a bit harder to enter accidentally
- Max will no longer kick you out of his shop if you’re not interested in an item
- apples and oranges fill your fugu’s tummy a bit more
The new version of Hatch is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The game is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
For more information on Hatch, check out our original review of the game here on AppAdvice, which notes that it “may mark the birth of a new relationship on your iPhone.”