You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 23, 2013
Look What's Talking: Read-Aloud Voice-Controlled Email App Talkler Gets Major Update
The heads-up, read-aloud, voice-controlled email app Talkler has just received another major update. Released a year ago, Talkler received its first major update late last June, thereby gaining support for Hosted Exchange and more email services for its QuickConnect feature. Now, the app has been given its second major update, which introduces a new feature along with several improvements. Talkler's second major update adds a new feature with which you can download entire messages without any length restrictions. It also brings faster natural speech processing of downloaded emails from IMAP servers. Moreover, it brings an additional period of silence at the end of emails to allow for voice commands before Talkler's AutoPilot proceeds to the next email. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The latest update to Talkler also includes the following improvements:
The new version of Talkler is available now in the App Store for free. It's optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. The new Talkler update also brings speed and stability improvements for iOS 7. As well, it revamps the custom dialogs to match the style of iOS 7. However, Talkler still looks stuck with its outdated iOS 6-style interface. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Fixed the "empty inbox" bug where certain users successfully connected an email account, but no emails downloaded to the inbox.
- Fixed a bug where microphone stopped displaying level meter animations.
- Fixed line spacing for easier-to-read text display in the auto-scrolling Talkler Teleprompter™.
- Fixed a bug where deleted emails sometimes continued to display.
- Updated EULA (2013-09-18 version).
- New display of version number of currently installed app, can now be found at the bottom of Settings > More Settings.