You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 16, 2013
Magellan Jr 2.0 Features SPAWN Technology And Other Synthesizer Enhancements
Magellan Jr is growing up to be a rather powerful analog modeling synthesizer, especially with the arrival of its 2.0 update. Released a year ago, Magellan Jr is the iPhone and iPod touch edition of Magellan for iPad. Its newly issued 2.0 update actually adds a couple of major features that have been implemented in its "big brother." One, there's SPAWN, which is short for Smart Preset Aggregation with Windowed raNdomization. With SPAWN, you can now create "intelligent" preset sounds right within Magellan Jr:
[caption id="attachment_497568" align="aligncenter" width="568"] Magellan Jr[/caption] The other new major feature introduced in Magellan Jr 2.0 is support for Inter-App Audio. This allows you to use the app as a remote instrument with other digital audio workstations and music apps that support Inter-App Audio. The latest update to Magellan Jr also adds a couple of new free preset banks: "Boleskine" by Yonac and "NWP Lab30" by New Wave Presets. It also adds a couple of new preset repositories: the favorites bank and the recently used presets bank. Magellan Jr 2.0 also features preset and bank renaming, a factory presets option, BPM Lock, bouncing of whole sequences or individual patterns to audio, updated Audiobus and Sonoma frameworks, and various other improvements. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.1 or later, Magellan Jr 2.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $4.99 download. Magellan for iPad is available in the App Store for $14.99. See also: Caustic Offers An Advanced Rack-Mount Synthesizer For iPhone, iPad [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Instantly generate endless new presets by just one touch!
- SPAWN is a proprietary algorithm we developed to create synth presets in a "smartly random" way
- SPAWN uses artifical intelligence to make decisions based on user-specified tonality parameters, such as Bass, Lead, Pad or Weird
- The algorithm intelligently resolves over 100 synth parameters and over 80 FX parameters
- Also generates arp patterns in any chosen scale or in a random scale
- Comes with "Suprise Me" option to give complete control to the system
- Retains 16 most recently generated presets in memory under the dedicated "Recent Spawns" bank