You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 2, 2013
Major League Baseball Now Offering At Bat 2014 Gift Subscriptions
This holiday season, "give the gift of baseball." At least that's the advice of Major League Baseball (MLB), which announced recently that it's now offering $19.99 gift subscriptions for its MLB.com At Bat 2014 service and iOS application. Though users technically could gift subscriptions before, this had to be done through purchasing a subscription code and having it sent over to the recipient, who then had to redeem the code using MLB.com. However, the process of gifting a subscription is now much easier; users can purchase the subscription for $19.99 using MLB's website and they may have it sent to whoever they wish. For $19.99, recipients get:
MLB.com At Bat for iOS can be downloaded free of charge in the App Store, and MLB has published countless updates for the application over the course of the last year alone. Back in June, MLB.com At Bat was updated for the All-Star Week festivities, and before this the application gained support for the 2013 baseball season. [caption id="attachment_492383" align="aligncenter" width="320"] MLB.com At Bat.[/caption] Features of the iOS application include:
- Live Gameday Audio access (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- One subscription, multi-platform access (accessible on iPhone, iPad, supported Android smartphones and tablets, and Kindle Fire)
- Stay connected to the latest Hot Stove breaking news, with full-game archives and video highlights from the 2013 season
Could this be the perfect gift for the baseball-loving iDevice user in your life? For more information, including the option of purchasing a gift subscription, head over to MLB.com. See also: NextWorth Is Adding 20 Percent To All Cyber Monday Trade Ins, Wall Street Is Showing A Lot Of Love For Apple After Strong Black Friday Sales, and Space Wolves, Assemble: New Warhammer 40,000 Game For iOS Gets Its First Trailer.
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad)
- Breaking news, 2013 standings, schedules, rosters and stats
- Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature a designated favorite team (iPhone only)
- Customizable push notifications (iPhone & iPad)
- Closed captioning availability for live video (iPhone and iPad)