MixBit 2.0 is said to be the biggest update to hit the app since its release last August. This is mainly on account of the launch of a new feature called Collaborative Responses. With this new feature, you can instantly collaborate with friends or respond to any video through your MixBit creations.
Aside from Collaborative Responses, MixBit 2.0 includes the following enhancements:
- Longer individual clip length; now record up to 60 seconds per clip
- Faster record/publish flow
- Streamlined editing tools and easier import from Camera Roll
- Ability to remix other users’ clips into your projects
- Find and view videos by social network profiles
- Export teaser animated GIF trailers to your Camera Roll
- More user help overlays and lots of bug fixes
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
MixBit 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free. It’s optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
Speaking of collaboration, MixBit is currently holding a collaborative trailer competition in connection with the 2014 Slamdance Film Festival.
To compete, filmmakers whose films have been accepted into the festival will agree to upload their trailers to the MixBit website. Then, Slamdance attendees and the MixBit community can remix the high-quality clips and repurpose the trailers in various creative ways. The competition is live at www.MixBit.com/Slamdance and runs through Jan. 3, 2014, a couple of weeks before the festival kicks off.