Popular To-Do App Gneo Updated To Add New Features, Tweaks And Fixes
The popular to-do application Gneo, which hit the App Store back in October, has received a number of new features, tweaks, and bug fixes in its most recent update.
Now, users of the minimalistic, task-prioritizing application can enjoy a “much-requested feature” - a Calendar selector - according to developer KeaneAndAble, along with an advanced smart notebook filter, the option to delete one’s account in Gneo’s settings, and an improved “Follow Up” button.
But that’s not all. Two tweaks - one made to Evernote sync, and another to recurring Calendar events - mean iDevice users should find Gneo all the more productive and easy-to-use, plus a handful of bug fixes have further improved the stability of the application.
Changes made in Gneo 1.0.5 are outlined in the app’s release notes, and include:
The New Features:
- A much requested feature - Calendar selector - is now available!!
- Advanced Smart Notebook filter - you can now choose more than one option for the Reminder date to Supercharge your Smart Notebooks
- Delete account functionality has been added in Settings
- Follow up now button added to remove a Follow up date
- We have worked to improve and speed up the Evernote sync
- Recurring Calendar appointments are now showing on all days in Forecast view
The Bugs (squashed)
- Intuitive language recognition is now working as expected
- Fixed a bug where Tasks were sometimes showing in two Notebooks
- Sometimes the sync indicator stopped half way - this is now fixed.
This isn’t the first significant update to reach Gneo, however. Back in November, the application received “a trio of tweaks” thanks to its 1.0.4 update, and as my colleague Brent explained these addressed Gneo’s sync options, completed tasks, and language recognition.
It’s definitely an interesting app, albeit one that presents “a few quirks,” as our original review noted. But given that the app is receiving sustained updates, it seems the developer is committed to further improving how the application runs, which is great to see. If you’re on the hunt for a new iOS to-do application, this could be it.
Gneo 1.0.5 can be downloaded in the App Store for $4.99, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Check out the updated application now, or for more of our recent news, see: Vengeance Is Yours In Ninja Theory’s Fightback Beat ’Em Up Game For iOS, It’s A Christmas Miracle: Square Enix Launches iOS App Sale, Final Fantasy Included, and Fancy Music Player App Splyce Goes 2.0 With Splycelists, Smart Seek And Other Features.