You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 1, 2014
Classic Match-3 Gameplay Gets A Spellbinding Twist In Wizard Quest
Last week saw the iOS release of Glyph Quest, a game that lets you cast spells using puzzle strategy. This week, yet another "spellbinding" puzzle quest game comes to the App Store in the form of Wizard Quest. Wizard Quest takes you on a journey through various landscapes filled with different monstrous creatures. In a clever twist to the tried-and-tested match-three gameplay, the landscapes become the game boards in Wizard Quest, as you have to match the objects in your wizarding character's surroundings in order to cast spells against the enemies. Take a look: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Wizard Quest has the following features up its sleeve:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Wizard Quest is available now in the App Store for $0.99. For more of this week's notable iOS game releases, see also: The Avengers Assemble In Marvel Run Jump Smash, Stop The Deathray And Save The World In The Minimalistic Platformer Trambo, and It's All Right To Play With Fire In The New iOS Platform Game Pyro Jump. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Unique match-3 spell casting system for navigation and combat
- Each monster creates a new puzzle game situation, affecting the best ways to use the pieces.
- Weapon and Item conjuration and collection system – hundreds of kick-ass weapons and magic items to master!
- Competitive social World and Quest Leaderboards for Game Center and Facebook users.
- Rich story and fantasy game world
- Full custom soundtrack, awesome pixel art