Days has just been updated to version 2.0 with a number of additional improvements.
As its subtitle in the App Store suggests, Days is a diary app that lets you capture and share your every day through photos and animated GIFs. Specifically, it encourages you to capture and share how your day was at once, not multiple times for random individual moments, with each day starting at 5 a.m. and lasting 24 hours.
Released in May last year, Days has just received its 2.0 update, which most notably features a new and improved design inspired, of course, by iOS 7. As a result, the app looks simpler and flatter. But it does retain its original tabbed interface.
Days 2.0 also includes the following improvements:
- Use Days without an account–no need to sign up
- Discover page highlights interesting people to follow
- Search for hashtags and users
- Automatic camera roll import
- Clickable @mentions
- Remove individual frames from a GIF
- Share individual moments inside or outside the app
- Full width photos in the stream
- Swipe to view comments
Days 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free. It’s optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later.
For more information on Days, check out our original review of the app here on AppAdvice, which suggests, “If you think photo sharing is too fast and superficial, you might want to try sharing your life with Days.”