The popular full-featured iOS e-reading app Marvin has just received yet another notable update.
The latest update to the universal app introduces a new library cover view, which displays the contents of your library with tiles of book covers. You can switch between list and tile view by tapping the button in the view/sort panel at the bottom. Alternatively, you can simply use the pinch in/out gesture on the library screen.
Speaking of which, you can now disable the library pinch gesture in Marvin’s section in the iOS Settings app.
Back to the library: the update lets you long-press the checkmark button to automatically select all visible books for bulk editing.
It also brings a new “% progress in current book” option for the app icon badge, in addition to “Books in reading list,” “Unread books,” “All books,” and “None.”
Moreover, the update improves the Lora and Arvo typefaces to support Extended Latin and Cyrillic character sets. It also brings better language support and improved spacing to the OpenDyslexic typeface.
The latest update to Marvin also includes the following improvements:
- [iPad] Updated library help screen.
- [iPad] Animation between list expanded and condensed mode.
- Deep View menu item can be removed from Home > Settings > Menu tab.
- Library viewing modes can be toggled from the “Show” (sort) menu.
- [iPhone] Easier to select text on the first line of a page when vertical margins are set to small.
- [iPad] Restored “Back to last position” button (in addition to back arrow in book bottom toolbar).
- Other UI and performance enhancements.
- Fix: In some very rare cases, Marvin would re-extract covers during startup.
- [iPhone] Fix: Settings icon was missing on home screen when using the “Glorious Gold” app theme.
The new version of Marvin is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $2.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
For information on Marvin’s previous updates, see E-Reading App Crossover: Marvin Now Lets You Read Books In Your Readmill Library, Marvin E-Reading App Goes Universal, Original iPad-Only Edition To Be Discontinued, and Marvin E-Reading App Updated With New Sharing Capabilities And Other Improvements.