Take Your Studio Recording Setup On The Road With MultiTrack Studio For iPad
MultiTrack Studio for iPad is a brand new, fully featured iPad application that allows musicians to create, edit, and share complex audio and MIDI tracks on the go, from their tablet. Features are aplenty, but the price is high, too; optimized for the iPad only, MultiTrack Studio will set musicians back $17.99.
Developer Giel Bremmers explains in the app’s release notes: “MultitrackStudio for iPad is an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app. It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator,” and adds that “the straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It’s easy to use yet powerful.”
Indeed, “powerful” is definitely the right word to describe MultiTrack Studio, because the features on offer in the application are numerous. Here are some of the best:
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files
- Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The iPad application is based on MultiTrack Studio for Mac and Widows, which has provided users with a comprehensive recording system for some time. Besides offering an iPad version of the software, Bremmers also has a remote application, MultiTrack Remote, which allows iDevice users to control the desktop software using an iPad.
MultiTrack Studio for iPad definitely looks to be an impressive piece of software, albeit one that carries a high price tag. However, it is worth noting that some of the best and most comprehensive recording systems for iOS are priced highly; other, less advanced apps can be downloaded free of charge, or for a small fee (such as GarageBand).
As mentioned, MultiTrack Studio is available for $17.99, and it’s optimized for the iPad only.
Check out the new application now, or for more of our recent news, see: FYI, Acronym Reference App Acronymph Has Gone Universal For iPad, Photo Geotag Removal App DeGeo Updated With New Sharing Options And More, and Cydia Tweak: Have Your iDevice Always Launch The Dark Keyboard With Bloard.[gallery]