In Captain Bubblenaut, you must bounce the title character on and off the ground so that he can invade Planet Erf and obliterate all Erflings — thereby impressing his warmongering father, Admiral Pop.
Captain Bubblenaut has the following key features:
- Simple 1-touch “slide the ground” controls.
- Game Center support for 30 tricky achievements and competitive High Score leaderboard.
- Invade Egypt, San Francisco, Easter Island, Sydney, and more on a variety of terrains. Every game is different!
- Obliterate all ERFLINGS! Chefs, zombies, boxing champions, salarymen, super heroes, pirates, doctors, flying pigs, and many more!
- Music by Chris Remo (Idle Thumbs, Gone Home, Thirty Flights of Loving) and sound effects by Danny Baranowsky (Canabalt, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac)
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Captain Bubblenaut has just received its first major update, which happens to be none other than its universal update. As a result, the game is now optimized for iPad and iPad mini as well as iPhone and iPod touch. “Captain Bubblenaut is now a Universal App!” developer Dean Tate notes. “Invade ERF on the iPad, where there’s more room to bounce!”
The update also includes a simplified swooping system, enhanced menu music, support for playing alternate music in the background, and various bug fixes.
In addition, it adds support for iOS 6 to Captain Bubblenaut, which was previously compatible with iOS 7 only.