Chimp — the App.net client that supports rich-media posts and messages including images, audio, video, and location — has just gone bananas with its latest update. In a good way, of course.
Released in April last year, Chimp has been updated to version 2.0 with a number of new features and improvements.
There’s the addition of muting by hashtag, thread, or client. There’s also the much-requested stream marker support as well as the much welcome URL scheme support using x-callback-url.
Chimp 2.0 also features a photo gallery view for photos and the ability to long-press links to open in browser, share via email, or add to Safari Reading List.
Moreover, the app now supports cross-posting to Twitter, the social network that App.net is supposed to be an alternative to. It also includes support for the popular third-party predictive keyboard Fleksy.
Chimp 2.0 also includes the following enhancements:
- NiceRank filter for Global timeline
- Optional display of latest photos in a PM channel
- Improved @ mention completion
- Improved mark down support
- Quick sharing of Now Playing and last photo
- Draw something to add to a post
- Font size set using iOS Dynamic Type
- Performance improvements
Some UI tweaks have also been applied to Chimp to give it more polish.