Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a great image editor for pretty much any skill level, from an amateur all the way to professional photographers. You can edit images quickly and easily with a number of one-tap adjustments all the way to powerful advanced settings. If you don’t like how an image is progressing, one tap will take you back to the original.
Watch the trailer
What is it about?
Adobe has also added more 3D Touch support. In the Camera Roll browser view, a short touch will give you a Peek at the image. A longer press will Pop the photo onto the full screen. You can also press on the app’s icon to launch a number of Quick Actions. The Peek and Pop functionality is also available using the Grid View. Just to note, you can edit images on your device for no charge. But if you want to access your photos on other devices, including a PC, you’ll need to have an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography subscription. You’ll need to shell out $9.99 per month to subscribe, but new users do receive a free 30-day trial.
For those who...
- Are looking for a robust and full-featured image editor Wanting to export images of any size at full resolution. Like a quick and easy-to-use interface. Are invested in the Adobe ecosystem.
Not for those who...
- Want to access their images on a Mac or PC without paying for a subscription. Don't want to be tied into Adobe's products and services.
Why we love it
There is a growing crowd of smartphone photographers who don’t use the desktop at all for photo editing, so Adobe is clearly transitioning the target audience of the Lightroom mobile apps in the right direction. This powerful image editing tool is great for anyone looking for a free option for their iOS device or those who already have an Adobe subscription.
App Store Description
Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile enables you to craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet. The raw HDR capability provides you the best all-in-one photo app by delivering superior image capture, processing, and quality with the greatest amount of editing flexibility and control.
The tools you need to tell your story.
• Create stunning images in seconds with tools that range from simple one-tap presets to powerful advanced adjustments and corrections
• Capture photos using the DNG file format using the in-app camera, streamlining shoot to share. Apply Photoshop magic with five specially formulated shoot-through presets, which can be previewed and applied at capture and then adjusted afterward with full non-destructive capabilities. *
• Import, edit and sync the raw photos you take with your camera. (Paid Feature)
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo. (Paid Feature)
• Experiment freely with edits, and revert to the original at any time, with just one tap.
• Simplify editing photographs and get consistent looks in your photos by copying your favorite edits across photos.
• Share photos any way you want: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more. Join the community by using #lightroom.
Become a Creative Cloud member or start a free Creative Cloud trial and get everything you need to make beautiful photos including:
• Access to Paid Features in Lightroom for Mobile:
o Import, Edit and sync raw photos from your camera
o Local Adjustments
• Lightroom CC for your computer - All the editing tools found in Lightroom Mobile plus additional tools that give you precise control over the color and tone of your photos with selective local adjustments, and more.
• Sync your photos across Lightroom on all your devices
• Photoshop CC for your computer - The world’s best tool for combining multiple images, removing objects, and retouching your photos.
• Access all your Lightroom photos in Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, Spark Video, Spark Page and Premiere Clip, thanks to Adobe CreativeSync technology.
*Shoot-through presets work on iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and later as well as iPad 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air and later devices. To use the DNG format and capture HDR images you need to have iOS 10 and a device that has a 12MP camera (iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, iPad Pro 9.7).