Watch the trailer
Scan and Save Files in Adobe Scan. Adobe Scan takes all of the guesswork out of scanning your receipts and other documents. It automatically adjust rotation and perspective, and optimizes the image to make the most of the text. The app also offers great retouching tools, and saves your snapshot receipts and other papers to PDF.
Retouch images with ease. It's easy to make the most of your scans. Adobe Scan provides a good set of tools for retouching your documents before you save them as PDF. You can adjust color and brightness, rotate, and crop your image.
Capture Receipts and Other Documents Easily. It doesn't matter what sort of document you're working with, as long as it's paper. Adobe Scan can take a picture of it, orient it just the right way, and let you touch it up before you save it to Adobe Document Cloud as a PDF. Once there, you can open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader or share it with others.
Share Your Files the way You Want. Once you have your PDF, you might want to share it. Adobe Scan makes that easy, allowing you access to the full Share Sheet panel for shipping that PDF in whatever way you want.
What is it about?
With Adobe Scan, you can turn almost anything made out of paper into a PDF. Receipts, notes, pictures, documents, business cards, whiteboards, whatever. You scan your paper-based document, turn on text recognition if you want it, and enjoy a gorgeous PDF that you can touch up, crop, rotate, and adjust color on. The built-in optical character recognition engine lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader, and you can save your scans to Adobe Document Cloud for easy sharing. The main drawback is that if you want to make things other than text into PDF files, you have to pay for a PDF Pack subscription.
For those who...
- Have lots of receipts and other paper documents they want to digitize
- Want to be able to use OCR for free
Not for those who...
- Have a portable scanner already
- Have no use for scanning documents
Why we love it
This app works great for scanning text into a searchable PDF. It allows you to quickly and easily import your paper-based receipts, business cards, and other documents into Adobe Document Cloud. You can take just about any paper document and make it digital. That mountain of receipts can become a digital library in very little time. I just wish Adobe Scan didn't force you to make an in-app purchase to turn more than text into PDF files. Then again, the Adobe Document Cloud integration makes the app quite unique, and works well when you frequently (or not-so-frequently) use other Adobe apps.
Adobe Scan is FREE but there are more add-ons
Adobe PDF Pack
App Store Description
Go from paper to digital fast. The free Adobe Scan app turns your device into a powerful portable scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR). Turn anything — receipts, notes, pictures, documents, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with content you can reuse.
HOW IT WORKS:
• CAPTURE. Scan anything to PDF. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders and sharpens scanned content.
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Easily preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• REUSE. Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks content through automated text recognition.
It’s that easy.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes and business cards. You can even scan multi-page documents with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. Adobe Scan automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos, so you don't have to.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save your scans to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable, letting you search, select, and copy text. Then, open the scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. Adobe Scan connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do more with your PDFs. Edit, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
Terms & Conditions