What is it about?
App Store Description
- Foreground mode, check manually for any related alerts. Any alerts reported will give you the earthquake magnitude and potential Tsunami alert.
- A map button will be activated if an alert is active.
- Background mode will fetch on a regular basis to the server to up-to-date alert(s), so you do not need to keep the App on the foreground.
- Due to connectivity between the user and server, it may happen that the communication will not function normally and critical info may not show correctly. A pop-up alert will notify of the potential issue during fetching.
- Even phone off, as long your App in the background, it will continue to fetch automatically on a regular basis.
- Latest up-date is given with date and Zulu (UTC) time.
- The up-date is based on “green” alert.
- A notification alert will pop-up on regular intervals reminding you to check for potential alert(s) while in a critical area for example.
- At any time, you may terminate the up-date and notification by either killing the App while in the background or by just going to your settings and changing your setting notifications.
- Keep in mind that we try to balance performance (battery life) and regular up-dates. The more the up-dates, the more the battery will be used.
- It is essential that you do not rely only on this App for correct “on-time” information. It is rather to be used as a situational awareness tool. This App has its limitations and must be understood by the end user.
- Make sure that mobile data is enabled in your settings. If not, the App while in the background will not update automatically.