What is it about?
App Store Description
AltitudeAlert is the first GPS altitude based alerting app for the iPad. AltitudeAlert allows you to use the full capabilities of your preferred iPad EFB Navigator but with the added functionality of a virtual panel mounted altitude preselector with alert capability.
Designed with the IFR GA pilot in mind, AltitudeAlert provides a capability once only allowed to those with a panel mounted altitude preselector, but at a fraction of the price.
• Never again worry about searching for a piece of paper to write down and remember your altitude clearances.
• GPS Altitude based alerting!!! NO SEPARATE BAROMETRIC PRESSURE DEVICE REQUIRED. Yes, you read that correctly. Altitude Alert uses a special algorithm to correct for the GPS altitude error that increases with the increase of altitude.
• Altitude Alerting and Monitoring.
• Alerting for supplemental oxygen use for both pilot and passengers.
• GPS accuracy monitoring
• Pilots that primarily rent aircraft will immediately see the safety benefit in all aircraft that they rent.
• Aircraft owners will see the safety benefits without the cost of adding a panel mounted altitude preselector or a separate iPad connected barometric pressure sensor.
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
• iPad Air or newer, iPad Mini 2 or newer, iPad Pro
• Wifi + Cellular (Wifi ONLY requires an EXTERNAL GPS connected to the iPad such as Bad Elf Pro or Stratus 1S and 2S)
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is intended for use in aircraft WITHOUT a panel mounted altitude preselector, and pilots WITHOUT a barometric pressure sensing device. While the app will work perfectly the above situation, however it may be duplicating functionality you already have. Please DO NOT buy this app unless you want to use it as a backup.