What is it about?
Blink! Full is $2.99 but there are more add-ons
Unlimited Voice Transactions
App Store Description
2. OCR Scanner
4. Voice recognizer
Includes voice recognition, speech, OCR scanner and translation between 36 different languages. Your multilingual voice translator.
The Swiss Army knife of all translators. Speak into the iPhone in a language and have it spoken back to you in another language. Take a picture of any sign, text, or menu (brightly lit with clear text) in a foreign language while translating it into a language that you can understand.
Now you can understand those French menus in France, those Chinese signs hanging on the Chinese restaurant walls, or simply take notes by taking a picture of a magazine page.
Text recognition uses OCR running on your iPhone/iPad/iPod which can be saved into your notes. Unable to take a picture for some reason? Use Apple's foreign keyboard or try to draw the character with your fingers for instant translation.
Translate text into any of the supported languages. Save text to email, photo album or copy to notes.
How can you use Blink!?
‣ Picture and Document OCR scanner. Take pictures of text from newspapers, magazines, or signs and extract the text..
‣ Multilingual assistant. Having problems in a foreign country where a person doesn't speak the same language? Hold the phone between yourselves and use it as your bilingual translator assistant.
‣ Pocket companion translator for travelers. Requires 3G or WIFI.
‣ Those who want to learn a new language.
‣ Picture straightener. For images taken on an angle resulting in a distorted image, use the perspective tool to straighten out the image.
What is Blink! for?
1. Voice recognition
‣ 17 languages recognized using voice with Nuance daily transactions. Voice recognition include English, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish.
‣ 17 languages recognized using voice with Unlimited voice transactions(with in-app purchase). Voice recognition include English, Arabic, Mandarin, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
Other voice recognition apps are priced $2.99 to $9.99 and usually recognizes preset phrases.
‣ Translate between 36 different language pairs.
Languages include Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malaysian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
3. OCR - Optical Character Recognition
‣ Recognize text among 36 different languages listed above.
‣ Perspective correction for photos taken on an angle or slant.
‣ Free downloadable dictionaries which provide a word to word translation and lookup.
Other apps sell each of the 4 features above individually for $4.99-$9.99, but this is the only app which fully integrate both voice, speech and image recognition into one platform.