If you’re someone who’s devoted to the solitary vice of reading, Bookout is one app you should definitely check out. Filling the void left by the long-defunct Readmore, and more outside of the social networking functionality of Goodreads, Bookout lets you easily manage your books, track your progress with them, and develop good reading habits.
Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Add and track books. Add a book to Bookout by manually entering its data, scanning its ISBN code, or searching for it online. Then you can track your reading in real time and even add your favorite quotes and your own thoughts as you go.
Set goals and unlock achievements. Gather insightful stats about your reading and generate shareable infographics for every book you finish. Mark a book as lent to remember who borrowed it. Set goals for the number of hours you want to read in a month and the number of books you want to read in a year. Unlock various achievements to keep you motivated to read more.
What is it about?
With Bookout, you can easily add books from your library and keep track of your reading activity. You can also set goals and unlock achievements, all of which can help you make reading books a regular part of your life. You can even send bookish stickers from the app to your family and friends on iMessage.
For those who...
- you love reading books.
- you want to make a habit out of reading books.
Not for those who...
- you love reading books but don't want to keep track of your reading activity
- you want a social network for readers — there's Goodreads for that
Why we love it
Bookout is the perfect app for avid readers or anybody who wants to turn into one. Not only does it let users keep track of their reading, but it also motivates them to keep reading more. It also features a simple yet engaging interface and a cute mascot to boot.
Bookly has stickers
Bookly is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Bookly (formerly known as Bookout) helps you track and manage your books, make a habit out of reading and see your progress over time.
Reading is an important part of our lives and now with Bookly you can make sure to read every day in the form of a daily workout. Track your reading in real time and get access to awesome stats that will help you improve and read even more.
- Track and manage your entire library of books
- Setup book Collections to easily manage your books
- Track your reading in real time, start daily reading sessions
- Add quotes and thoughts for each book
- If you add image quotes you can personalise them by highlighting the text, adding stickers and adding annotations
- Get book details by scanning the ISBN code or searching -online
- Play ambient sounds while you read to make your experience even more pleasurable
- Gather tons of insightful stats:
- total read time
- total pages read
- reading speed
- time read per day
- pages read per day
- days you read in a row
- most days you read in a row
- and many more
- Setup monthly or yearly goals
- monthly goals allows you to set up the number of hours or pages you want to read during a month or any other time period you might want
- yearly goals allows you to set up the number of books you want to read during a year
- Unlock many achievements that can help you stay motivated and read even more.
- Generate awesome infographics for every book you finish
- Use Text Recognition to save those moving quotes
- Store and sync your books among devices using iCloud
- Never lose a book again, mark a book as lent and enter the name to whom you gave it
- Remember to give back the books you borrow by entering the person from whom you borrowed them
- Take advantage of Widgets and get access to your books with a single swipe
- Use 3d Touch for quick actions, both on your home screen and within the app
Bookly has a great sticker pack also. Use it to express your reading related thoughts in a fun and easy way.
Bookly offers three auto-renewing subscription options:
$4.99 per month
$19.99 per 6 months
$29.99 per year
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Bookly subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here -
*Important: This app is for book TRACKING and MANAGEMENT. Book content and the actual reading is not done in the app only the tracking of it.*
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.