What is it about?
The details make the difference between an average batch of home brew and a truly excellent brew that is repeatable. This app is a beer recipe calculator, brew session tracker, and brew log - all on your iPhone. This application is capable of syncing with the Brewer's Friend cloud solution (the application works by itself stand alone, but the sync requires a premium account at the site). The level of detail in this add free app is truly impressive. For instance, you can work in either specific gravity or plato, yeast attenuation is automatically calculated, and it will even tell you if the recipe you have chosen matches the style of beer you were going for.
Why we love it
This is the ultimate app for the die hard home brewer. If you are all about the details and fine tuning your brew, this is your new go-to app.
App Store Description
Brewing with total confidence. The details make the difference between an average batch of home brew and a truly excellent brew that is repeatable. This app is a beer recipe calculator, brew session tracker, and brew log - all on your iPhone. This application is capable of syncing with the Brewer's Friend cloud solution (the application works by itself stand alone, but the sync requires a premium account at the site).
This application is ad free.
Main feature list for version 1.0:
* Complete recipe designer with pre-populated list of grains, hops, and yeast. Ability to add your own custom grains.
* Fully supports metric units!
* Work in Specific Gravity or Plato.
* OG/FG/IBU/SRM, yeast attenuation automatically calculated.
* Supports All Grain, Extract, Partial Mash, BIAB.
* Tells if recipe matches style.
* Pick the equations and units you prefer.
* No Chill – Extended Hop Boil Time Supported.
* Target 'to the fermentor' or 'to the kettle' batch sizes.
* Journal for tracking events like gravity readings, volume collected, dates, and tasting notes.
* Tracks what phase the brew is in.
- Adds a brew timer feature.
- Recipe sync with the Brewer's Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
- Brew session sync with the Brewer's Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
- User interface updates, sorting of recipes and brew sessions, performance improvements.
- Adds support for: hop stands (whirlpool and hopback hop uses), recipe CO2 level field, milliliters as unit in other ingredients section. Improves recipe listing view (shows snapshot indicator, index added).
- Adds stand alone calculators.
- 70 + yeasts added. Brands include: East Coast Yeast, Mangrove Jack, Real Brewers, Siebel Institute, and Brewferm. Make sure to upgrade now if you plan to use these and sync with the cloud. (Sync requires premium account.)
- Adds stand alone calculators: Brix/Plato to SG Calculator and Dilution / Boiloff Calculator.
- Support for batch target 'kettle' mode added for Extract and Partial Mash recipes.
- Cloud sync improvements.
- BJCP 2015 Guidelines added and fixed syncing of styles with cloud
- Updates to ingredient database
- Visual fixes to scrolling and stability in various places
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.