What is it about?
Bumble is an interesting social networking app because it focuses on dating role reversal: after two people are matched up, it is up to the female to initiate the conversation and connection. While it may be different, it is certainly refreshing and assures females that they won't be contacted by people that they don't want to chat with.
For those who...
- Want a different kind of dating or networking app
- Are females and not afraid to take initiative
Not for those who...
- Want a standard dating app experience
- Don't like women starting conversations
Why we love it
It's an interesting take on the standard dating app.
Bumble is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
THE BUZZ IS REAL
“A win-win for both genders.” - Inc.
“Bumble's found a way to weed out jerks online.” - Time
“Bumble is redefining dating rules.” - Cosmopolitan
“Bumble is swiping the weirdness out of online dating.” - Fast Company
CHANGING THE RULES OF THE GAME
Finding relationships online isn’t embarrassing anymore. Bumble has lifted the stigma of online dating by employing robust reporting and setting unprecedented standards for respectful behavior.
The app has also successfully shaken up traditional gender roles in heteronormative dating. On Bumble, ladies always talk first. Bumble is also the first of its kind to bring friend-finding to social networking. Now you can swipe through potential dates and friends on the same platform.
In heterosexual matches, the woman has 24 hours to make the first move and the man has 24 hours to respond. In same sex matches, either person has 24 hours to make the first move and 24 hours to respond or the connection expires. Prompting conversation has lead Bumble to the highest post-match chat rate in the industry.
Bumble is free to download and use. We also offer an optional subscription package.
Subscription service conditions:
• The cost of the optional subscription for Bumble Boost is $4.99 for 7 days, $9.99 for 30 days, $23.99 for 90 days, $35.99 for 180 days
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.