Elmo Loves ABCs for iPad is learning game for children ages 5 and under. The game teaches letter recognition for both upper and lower case by letting kids trace the letters. They can also hear the letter sounds and there is a tracker for parents to see how well their little ones are doing. It has clips from “Sesame Street” and 75 coloring pages.
Watch the trailer
Pick a letter. Elmo is back and makes learning the ABCs fun for your toddler! With Elmo Loves ABCs for iPad, it's simple to reinforce the alphabet into your child's brain. Just have them choose a letter, and then they can trace it in both upper and lower case. You can even pick a color to trace it in, making it fun for your child.
Play a game. To help kids remember about the letters they're practicing, Elmo has a mini-game of Hide-and-Seek available. Just swipe the leaves away and your child will find pictures of words that begin with the selected letter. It is fun and helps reinforce words that are associated with the letter so that they can remember it better.
What is it about?
Elmo Loves ABCs for iPad is a cute, bubbly way for kids to learn their letters. The adorable Elmo helps them become familiar with letters sounds and how to write the letters by tracing. There are short clips to show how the letters are used in words, pages for drawing pictures, and a fun game of Hide and Seek.
For those who...
- Children ages 5 and under.
- Kids who enjoy the furry monster's antics.
Not for those who...
- Children over the age of 5.
- Parents who have had enough of the Elmo craze.
Why we love it
For learning letters, there is no better helper than Elmo from “Sesame Street.” Your boy or girl will have a great time tracing their letters and seeing words that use them.
Elmo Loves ABCs for iPad is $4.99 but there are more add-ons
Seasonal Fun Pack
App Store Description
This is an app full of games, activities, and videos, which will help teach your child about letters, sounds, and words.
** ON for Learning Award **
** Parents' Choice Silver Award **
Elmo loves this app! It has songs and videos about letters. It has coloring pages and games about letters. It has all the letters from A to Z! Elmo even made a new alphabet song for it. Elmo thinks it’s the best ABC app ever! Come on! Explore the alphabet with Elmo! (If you enjoy learning your ABCs, you’ll love learning your 123s! Check out “Elmo Loves 123s” in the App Store! )
• Slide, sweep, swipe, touch, trace and dig to discover over eighty classic Sesame Street clips, seventy five Sesame Street coloring pages, and four different ways to play hide and seek!
• Touch and trace your favorite letter to unlock its surprises.
• Tap on the star button to discover even more letter activities.
• Personalize by adding your own photos and videos to the game.
• ABCs tracker for grown-ups to see how your child is doing.
• Ability to purchase even more great letter content and holiday surprises.
• Letter identification (uppercase and lowercase)
• Letter sounds
• Letter tracing
• Art and creativity
• Music appreciation
• If you wish to personalize Elmo Loves ABCs by adding your own content, remember to complete all the fields: name, recording, photo, and video! If you do not have all four, your content will not appear in the game.
• Your videos must be in "Photos" (your device’s photo library) on your iPad or they will not be accessible by the game.
• To upload video into the "Photos" folder using iTunes, connect your device and click on the "Photos" tab. Click on the "sync photos from" box, and use the drop down menu to choose the folder that your videos are in. Make sure that you have the "include videos" box checked before you sync. If you are using a Mac, you may also use iPhoto to sync your videos under the pictures tab. Again, just make sure you have the "include videos" box checked.
Sesame Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Your input is very important to us. If you have any questions, comments, or need help, please contact us at: [email protected]