Easy app navigation. The app makes it super simple to navigate and find what you need quickly. The sections are displayed nicely along the bottom for preparedness, emergency, quizzes, local hospitals, and general medical information.
Get emergency details. For medical emergencies, you can check out instructions on what to do or tap the button to call 911 immediately. Some injury and condition descriptions will include handy images and videos to assist you even further.
What is it about?
First Aid by American Red Cross is a great app to have in your pocket. With written details, images, and videos, you will know exactly what to do in an emergency. The app also provides information about preparing for natural disasters, includes quizzes to test your first aid knowledge, and lets you find the closest hospital. You can also dial 911 directly from the app if needed.
For those who...
- Want a reliable first aid app
- Like medical apps that offer preparedness tips
Not for those who...
- Prefer your current first aid app
- Are a professional who already know what to do in medical emergencies
Why we love it
If you need an app that shows you what to do in a medical emergency, then First Aid by American Red Cross is the one you want.
App Store Description
**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
**One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com**
**One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” - ComplexTech**
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
• Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.