Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Flip through your news. Just swipe up, or flip up, to browse through the stories. You will see a summary of each and if you would like to read the complete article just select it. The category is down in the corner, so if you want more stories right then on that topic just click it. You can also connect various accounts from Tumblr to Washington Post.
Pick from tons of topics. If you are using it for the first time, you will be asked to choose your interests and there are a lot to choose from with more popping up as you scroll. You will not just choose from overall categories like world news, entertainment, and business. The categories drill down to the detail so you can choose Asia, Bands, or Big Data.
Check out the full scoop. Tapping an article will take you to the full story. Just swipe down to flip through the entire article. With simple navigation at the bottom, you can quickly mark your favorites and comment if you like. There are also options to see more articles like it or less. You can then flip the article into your picks or your read it later list.
What is it about?
Flipboard deserves its spot as one of the best known news and content aggregation apps on the iOS platform. The app is beautifully designed, optimized for iPhone use, can be connected to most social media accounts, and now even supports podcasts and music via an in-app player. Flipboard’s true power lies in its content catalog, which includes many of the biggest names in blogs and news, any website with an RSS feed or Twitter account, and, most importantly, content chosen by Flipboard staff and other interesting personalities. These curated topics are similar to sections in a newspaper, but they combine information from many different sources— it is essentially a folder in an RSS reader, only you don’t have to create it.
For those who...
- Like customized news
- Appreciate a slick app interface
Not for those who...
- Do not care about customized news
- Are not concerned with a simple app interface
Why we love it
Flipboard offers a super nice, customizable interface. View categories in a tiled layout, search by keyword, follow friends, and receive shared stories from other users. Flipboard is perfect when you want to get serious about tailoring your news interests.
App Store Description
Discover quality content across all passions and interests. Personalized news, tech, sports, cooking, gaming, and more: Flipboard will make you feel like you’ve spent your time well so you can focus on investing in yourself, staying informed and getting involved.
Trust our unique combination of editors and algorithms to deliver must-read stories, up-to-the-minute developments and undiscovered gems to give you the full perspective and let you easily share the best ideas with others.
Pick your passions, and we'll create a Smart Magazine for each topic. We will handpick articles, videos, and podcasts filled with expert voices, so you can sit back and flip through the latest and greatest stories of our time.
Collect stories around specific themes and add them to personal magazines to share your perspective with the Flipboard community.
MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TIME ON FLIPBOARD:
• Discover stories: The New York Times, National Geographic, Vanity Fair, and thousands more top publications from around the world.
• Design your Smart Magazines: bundle together sources, people and even hashtags.
• Personalize your home feed: put up to 9 of your favorite Smart Magazines here for quick access to the stuff you love.
• Read The Daily Edition: keep up with the news in our daily roundup, hand-picked by our editorial team.
• Curate your perspective: collect stories around specific themes and add them to personal magazines.
SOME OF FLIPBOARD’S TOP PUBLISHERS:
- News & Politics: The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, Politico, Axios
- Technology & Science: TechCrunch, Wired, Fast Company, Popular Science, National Geographic, ReCode
- Business & Entrepreneurship: The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur
- Wellness & Lifestyle: Brit + Co., Self, Greatist, Prevention, Women's Health, Men's Health
- Entertainment: People, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, PopSugar,Hollywood Reporter, Variety
- Food & Cooking: Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Food52, Serious Eats, Eater
- Travel: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Lonely Planet, Budget Travel, AFAR
- Sports: ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, SB Nation, Bleacher Report
- Home & Gardening: ELLE DECOR, House Beautiful, Dwell, Remodelista, Gardenista
- Style: Vogue, Refinery29, GQ, Elle, Glamour, Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, W Magazine
- Outdoor Adventure: Outside, Bicycling Magazine, Runner's World, Snowboarder Magazine, Powder Magazine, Canoe & Kayak
And many, many more...
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates and the latest from our blog, including tips on how to use Flipboard and interviews with actors, writers, musicians, and more. Follow us on:
For videos on how to use Flipboard, visit https://about.flipboard.com/tutorials/.
We’d love to hear what you think about the all-new Flipboard. Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.