Eliminate your iOS devices as a distraction for when you're trying to get work done. This "don't kill the streak" style app plants virtual trees and gives you coins while you focus on your work. After gathering enough coins in the app, you might be able to have a tree planted in the real world, too!
Check the details on WatchAware
Set an amount of time to focus within. You know what works best for you, but setting a timer for a block of time to focus within can increase your productivity. The longer time amount of time, the more complicated the tree that grows will be. By the time you're finished, you can have something that is truly unique and beautiful, so this app helps you stay focused and motivated.
Don't kill the tree. If you need help focusing on your current task, then there is no more unique way to do that than with Forest. Why? Because exiting the app for more than a couple of seconds will kill your tree, and let's face it — you don't want that. So it's best to remain focused on that task at hand.
What is it about?
Procrastination is inevitable. You know you should be focusing on something besides your iOS device, but somehow you end up in the Facebook app yet again. Forest hopes to eliminate that distraction with a timer that can be used in a pomodoro-like way, but with an incentive. As long as the app remains open in the foreground while the timer you set counts down, a virtual tree will grow, and you will be awarded coins. The goal is to grow a tree with each timer you set by not exiting the app and, thus, not getting distracted by your phone. Over time, the virtual trees you grow will make up a virtual forest displayed in the app, and you can compete with friends in doing this as well.
For those who...
- Find iOS devices distracting while trying to do work
- Care about the environment (especially trees)
Not for those who...
- Don't care about the environment
- Need to do work and be productive on an iOS device
Why we love it
This app allows users to use timer-based techniques to focus, and actually provides a solid incentive for staying off of your iOS device.
Forest is $1.99 but there are more add-ons
Box of Sunshine Elixir
Bottle of Sunshine Elixir
App Store Description
If you want to temporarily put down your phone and focus on what’s more important in real life, you can plant a seed in Forest. As time goes by, this seed will gradually grow into a tree. However, if you cannot resist the temptation of using your phone and leave the app, your tree will wither. The sense of achievement and responsibility will encourage you to stay away from your phone, and will help you make better use of your time. Stop getting distracted by your phone, make you self-motivated and get more things done.
Stay focused. Be present!
• Function based on the Pomodoro technique (a.k.a. tomato timer, pomodoro timer)
• Plant lovely trees and stay focused on what’s more important in real life.
• Turn your focused moments into a lush forest.
• Earn rewards and unlock new tree species.
• Share your forest and compete with friends and users around the world.
• Plant trees along with friends & family.
• Unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
• Plant real trees on Earth and protect the environment with tree-planting organization Trees for the Future.
• Manage your own tags and view detailed statistics of your time distribution.
• Browse your weekly, monthly and even your yearly big forest.
• Track your focused time in the Apple Health App.
• Track your daily phone usage and screen time.
• Recall memories of your planting journey with our brand new Forest Timeline!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/forestapp.cc/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/forestapp_cc
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forest_app/
We also provide browser extensions. Find out more on www.forestapp.cc!
#get disciplined #reduce procrastination #GTD #study #student #work #freelancer
*Sound Design : Shi Kuang Lee
*Some icons appearing in the app were made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com and are licensed under CC BY 3.0