At first glance, iDraw has the look of a watered down Adobe Illustrator. However, while simple-looking, this vector drawing app is quite powerful and has quite a few nifty features to it as well. To start with, iDraw has the typical features of a drawing app which include a brush, pencil, shape and text tool. It has support for layers and grouping of objects on the canvas. The brush tool included is a very cool addition because it draws in a calligraphy style that is both pleasing to the eye as well as useful for those calligraphy experts. What sets this app apart from others of its caliber is its ability to draw with vectors. While I am not great at using this tool with any app I found iDraw's implementation to be simple and usable in a way that I even figured out how to draw a few simple things. Overall iDraw is a great vector drawing app with many extras that make it a very capable app if you want to create art on your iPad.
What is it about?
With the Graphic - illustration and design app, you can not only create amazing graphics on your iPad, but share with the iPhone and Mac versions using iCloud or Dropbox. The app offers import and export features, unlimited layers, and various canvas styles in addition to its extensive drawing tools.
Why we love it
Graphic - illustration and design app gives you all of the tools you need to create gorgeous graphics.
App Store Description
HOLIDAY SALE – now until December 2, save 30% on Autodesk Graphic!
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing