This wildly popular app allows you to take a wholly different type of photo. Choose the “camera lens” and “film” within the app, and then shoot. The results are artsy, retro, fun, and unpredictable. In fact, I would say this app is pretty much responsible for starting the retro iPhone camera app trend.
Ready for your ratio. You can choose exactly how you'd like to capture a photo.
More manual. Select the bottom strip near the shutter button to look at a number of different settings to refine.
Far out, dude. And if you're looking for a different way to take photos, the classic camera setting will take you back to the analog age.
What is it about?
There are two distinct ways to capture photos using Hipstamtic. In ClassicMode, you can revel in a touch of analog goodness while in pro mode, photographers can adjust a number of different levels to capture that perfect shot. When done taking photos, there are more than 20 professional adjustment tools and 12 signature presets. You can even use the app to get real photo prints delivered to year door.
For those who...
- Want to capture photos with a retro touch.
- Need an easy way to order physical prints of photos.
- Like to experiment when taking photos.
Not for those who...
- Are looking for a professional-grade image capturing app.
- Aren't interested in the unique features.
Why we love it
Hipstamtlc has been around as long as the App Store itself, and for good reason. Even before Instagram, the app allowed users to apply fun filters to their square photos. Swiping through the different lenses, flashes, and films is tons of fun. And if that's not for you, the ProMode allows complete control to capture that perfect photo.
Hipstamatic Classic is $2.99 but there are more add-ons
Williamsburg Starter HipstaPak
Wicker Park HipstaPak
App Store Description
Hipstamatic is a world-class photography app and Apple’s original App of the Year!
Shoot beautiful authentic photography and become part of the world’s most creative community, exclusively on iPhone.
• Apple’s very first App of the Year
• The original photo filter app
• The inventor of square filtered mobile photos
• Plus, all of the features below :-)
Digital photography has never looked so analog. Shooting Classic provides beautifully rendered skeuomorphic cameras that transform your experience as you swipe through lenses, flashes, and films.
■ Use Multiple Exposure to shoot multiple images in one shot and get amazing artistic results ■
For the mobile photographer looking for a minimal capture interface with maximum control, shooting Pro gives you ultimate creative control.
■ Manually control focus, white balance, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, and aspect ratio ■
DARKROOM EDITING SUITE
A full editing suite including over 20 professional adjustment tools and 12 signature presets.
• Classic Lens, Film, and Flash
• Straighten & Rotate
• Curves (RGB + Red + Green + Blue)
• Depth of field
• Before & After view by holding down image in edit view
• Undo & Redo by swiping left and right
■ Choose the overall mood of your image with Hipstamatic's signature Lenses, Films, and Flashes, then fine tune with extensive editing tools ■
Create your own Favorite Presets and even share your signature look with others. If you are looking for inspiration hit the shuffle button and explore a world of serendipitous beauty.
• 12 World-class presets
• Customize and edit presets
• Save new presets
• Presets are synchronized across your devices with iCloud
• Share any favorite preset with other photographers
■ Define your signature looks, then quickly apply them to your photos with Copy/Paste support ■
Hipstamatic is fully synchronized with your photo library. Tap on any photo to instantly edit it, and see and organize your photos in either Hipstamatic or Apple Photos.
• Runs natively on iPhone and iPad
• No need to import, just tap and edit
• Quickly Favorite or Delete photos
• Always full resolution
• Save as Separate Files (default) and keep your originals untouched
• Save as non-destructive Versions and streamline your photos with the original safely embedded within the Hipstamatic version (works best with iCloud Photo Library)
• Browse folders created in the Photos app
• Fully synchronized with Photos app and iCloud Photo Library
• View detailed metadata
• View shared image details across social networks (likes, comments, etc.)
• Capture and edit in RAW format
■ Shoot on iPhone and edit on iPad with fully native support and synchronized Favorite Presets via iCloud ■
Browse amazing filter packs available for purchase via the In-App store created by the world’s most talented photo makers. Collaborations from top fashion and street photographers to famous artists like Salvador Dali with new packs available monthly.
Get real physical prints delivered straight to your door. We built this service in 2010 because no service would print square photos, and today PrintLab is still the best square format printing service in the world. Shipping to over 200 countries!
• Print Prints (4”, 7”, 10”)
• 30” Gallery Prints
• Aluminum Prints (10” or 20”)
• Birch Wood Prints (10” or 20”)
LET'S MAKE BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS TOGETHER
Help us make Hipstamatic the best app ever. Send your thoughts & comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us anywhere @Hipstamatic
Thanks and welcome to the HipstaFamily!
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to email@example.com and your information will be removed.