Hound is the best way to search using your voice. Hound is different, because it offers extremely fast responses and the ability to ask follow up questions to add more information to your query. The fastest and easiest way to get the information, entertainment, and communication services you want, Hound is built for your busy life, allowing you to get what you need and move on.
Watch the trailer
Tell Hound what you want. You tell Hound what you want, and it serves up the results.
Ask follow up questions. The ability to ask Hound follow up questions is a unique feature.
Get as complex as you want. Even complex queries are no problem for Hound, and the results come up with blazing fast speed.
Find local businesses and more. With Hound's help, you can find nearby businesses, hotels, restaurants, and more.
What is it about?
Hound is lightning fast, allowing you to speak naturally while the app interprets what you're asking it. Results are returned quickly, and you can follow up on your questions with more detailed requests. Hound pulls in data from 150 different sources, allowing you to find out everything from local coffee shops to hotels that are pet-friendly, along with anything in between.
For those who...
- Want a voice search assistant app that can keep up with them
- Love being able to get detailed and filtered search results quickly and easily
Not for those who...
- Don't want to be more productive
- Don't like voice search assistant apps
Why we love it
If you ask Hound to show you coffee shops that are open right now and serve food, you’ll get a list of results. You can follow that up by asking for just the highest rated ones, and Hound will narrow down the results for you. Even better, the app returns results even for complex queries with a speed that few apps can rival.
App Store Description
Hound is the best way to search using your natural voice.
What do we mean by natural voice? Instead of talking like a search query "OK Hound… Find Chinese restaurants", just ask "OK Hound… What are the top rated Chinese restaurants near me?" You'll be amazed at the lightning-fast response.
Want to try something more advanced? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request. Give this a shot: "OK Hound… Find Asian restaurants rated 4 stars or more within walking distance of Times Square and exclude Chinese, Korean, and Thai"
But Hound isn't limited to restaurants and coffee shops. Use Hound to:
Search, discover, and play music:
- “OK Hound... What song is playing?”
- “OK Hound... Play the top hits by Echo & the Bunnymen”
Research and get trivia answers quickly:
- “OK Hound... When was Alexa Alemanni born?"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the constellation Lyra"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the Amazon River"
Set alarms and timers:
- "OK Hound… Set an alarm for 7am every weekday"
- "OK Hound… Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
Get the latest news:
- “OK Hound… Show me the latest news headlines”
- “OK Hound… Play me the latest news from NPR”
- “OK Hound… What is stock price of Amazon?”
Call, text, navigate handsfree:
- “OK Hound… Call Alexa at work"
- “OK Hound… Text Jeff ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’”
- “OK Hound… Show me directions to the nearest Whole Foods”
Get the weather forecast:
- “OK Hound… What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “OK Hound… How about in Seattle in two weeks?”
Plan a night out at the movies:
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "OK Hound… What are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing in IMAX?"
Book an Uber:
- "OK Hound… How much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "OK Hound… Get an Uber to the nearest movie theater"
Search for hotels and plan your travel:
- “OK Hound… Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
Numbers, calculations, and even mortgage estimates:
- “OK Hound… What is a prime number?”
- “OK Hound… What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "OK Hound… Split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip"
- "OK Hound… What's the monthly payment for a $500,000 house with 20% down?"
What will you use Hound for?
Hound takes speed and accuracy to a new level thanks to our powerful Houndify platform, combining Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding into a single step. We call it Speech-to-Meaning (TM). Other assistants simply translate words into text, and the do a voice search the old way. But just recognizing words isn't fast enough! Hound, powered by Houndify, is the fastest and most accurate independent voice assistant in the market today.
End User Agreement: http://www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.