When it comes to live radio, iHeartRadio is a leader. You can find stations from all around the United States and beyond, tuning in to some of the country's best and most popular radio shows. The app also allows you to create custom radio stations based on a song or artist, but the true highlight of the app is finding that radio station from your hometown even when you've moved across the country.
Check the details on WatchAware
Moving Forward. When you're done listening to a song you found on the radio, hit the forward button to listen once again to live music. Thanks to iHeartRadio's new premium packages, you can now listen to the radio on your time.
Find your local radio stations. Within iHeartRadio, you can find a great number of local radio stations. Whether you're looking for top 40 hits, alternative rock, country, or a mix station, you're sure to find it. You don't need a radio in the office anymore, because iHeartRadio has you covered. Enjoy your favorite disc jockeys throughout the day, listen to the greatest hits, and you can do it all from your iPhone or iPad.
Your own personal station. When you first install iHeartRadio, you'll be asked to choose your favorite genres of music. Based on those selections, the app will build your own custom radio station. You refine it as you listen by telling iHeartRadio which songs you like and which tunes you never want to hear again. It's all you, all the time. You'll never have to hear that annoyingly catchy pop song a dozen times a day anymore, thankfully.
Podcasts galore. Apple might think that podcasts need a separate app, but iHeartRadio disagrees. You can find all of the most popular podcasts right inside the app, where you can browse through the selections or search for a particular favorite. Unfortunately, subscribing to podcasts is a bit cumbersome — you have to go into your listening history and mark it as a favorite. It would definitely be nice if you could subscribe to a podcast right from the episode list.
Time for Replay. With iHeartRadio's new premium packages, you can now replay songs that are playing on the radio. Hit the replay button and enjoy a great song over and over again. Really like the song? Add it to your iHeartRadio library.
What is it about?
Owned by Clear Channel Communications, iHeartRadio features more than 800 live broadcast and digital-only radio stations. While this number may seem small compared to the thousands of stations offered by other apps, the stations offered here are among the country's best and most popular. In addition to its catalog of live radio stations, iHeartRadio also allows the listener to create custom radio stations, based on a song or artist. Aside from audio considerations, the app is also well designed, in that it's organized and easy to navigate. Because of its selection, program quality, and combination of both live and custom radio, iHeartRadio earns an essential spot in this AppList.
For those who...
- Love live radio
- Don't mind commercials
Not for those who...
- Don't like music
Why we love it
The iHeartRadio app is exceptionally well designed, and provides great-sounding audio. You can tune into radio stations from anywhere in the United States, with more than 800 to choose from. Finding the country's best, most popular radio broadcast stations is simple with iHeartRadio.
iHeartRadio is FREE but there are more add-ons
iHeartRadio All Access
iHeartRadio All Access
App Store Description
Your Music, Your Stations, And #1 For Podcasts. All Free.
Unlimited streaming music, thousands of live radio stations, podcasts and playlists for any mood or activity all in one app. iHeartRadio is easy to use and best of all, it's FREE.
Download iHeartRadio today and start listening to your favorite music, live radio stations, and podcasts!
The Best Live & Local Radio Stations
• Discover thousands of live and local AM and FM radio stations near you and from cities across the globe
• Listen to top radio stations, music, news, sports, talk and comedy
• Hear sports stations like ESPN Radio, Fox Sports and more
Now #1 for Podcasts
• Stream the most popular podcasts from NPR, Gimlet, How Stuff Works, ESPN, 30 for 30, Big Money Players Network and from personalities like Ron Burgundy, Anna Faris, Colin Cowherd, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, Bobby Bones, Chelsea Handler and more.
• Follow your favorite podcasts and download episodes to your phone to listen offline, without the need for WiFi
• Download and listen to iHeartRadio Podcast Award winning shows like ‘Stuff You Should Know,’ ‘Slow Burn,’ ‘Up and Vanished,’ ‘Fantasy Footballers: Fantasy Football Podcast’ and more.
• Explore popular and trending shows with our Podcast Top 100 chart refreshed every Monday.
• Experience podcast playback at your desired speed of 0.5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x.
Free Playlists perfect for any moment
• Listen to any of thousands of hand curated playlists. Organized by mood, activity, decade and genre to make it easy to find something that’s the perfect soundtrack for any moment.
• 'Your Weekly Mixtape' - music discovery made easy. A weekly playlist of songs we’ve curated based on the music you love and the music you’re listening to right now. We’ll refresh your mixtape every Monday with a new batch of tracks we know you’ll vibe to throughout your week.
Play Free Artist Stations
• Create personalized music stations based on your favorite artists using our library of millions of songs covering genres like Country, Top 40, Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, EDM, Rock, Alternative and more.
The Ultimate Station Made Just for You
• 'My Favorites Radio' collects all of the songs you love in one free personalized station.
Listen absolutely free with ads, or take control of your listening experience with iHeartRadio Plus™ and iHeartRadio All Access™ ad-free.
• Search and play any song with our library of millions of songs on demand
• Save and replay any song from the radio
• Enjoy unlimited skips
• Download music to your phone to listen offline
• Create unlimited playlists
Join our community!
• Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1F1TcFX
• Instagram: http://bit.ly/1e1AOUS
• Twitter: http://bit.ly/1HZk5KQ
• Blog: http://bit.ly/1GiT59D
For Feedback and Help
Tell us how we can improve by sharing your thoughts at https://help.iheart.com
Payments will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.