What is it about?
It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is an interactive storybook for all ages. Create and customize your own Peanuts character and go trick-or-treating with the gang. Carve pumpkins, bob for apples and play the piano. Tap and drag or tilt your device to move objects. Kids can follow along with the narration from Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown, or tap a word to hear it spoken.
Why we love it
The classic story is perfectly preserved in this iOS app with digitally remastered illustrations and original voice acting and dialog from the classic TV special. Re-discover the story as an adult or introduce a new generation to the gang and wait for The Great Pumpkin once again.
App Store Description
** Featured in NY Times and TIME **
** iPad & iPhone App of the Week **
** #1 App in Books & Entertainment **
Oh, Great Pumpkin! Where are you? This Halloween, hang out with Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts gang to find out for yourself!
While Linus and Sally wait for the Great Pumpkin, you can create your own Peanuts character and join Charlie Brown at his first-ever Halloween party! Choose from millions of hilarious costume combinations and dress up to trick-or-treat with Lucy, Pigpen and the rest of the gang. Carve your own pumpkin, play a little ditty on Schroeder’s piano and bob for apples with Snoopy — just watch out for dog germs, blech!
Narrated by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown, everyone’s favorite
Halloween special is beautifully re-imagined in this interactive storybook designed for your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Digitally remastered illustrations are brought to life with the voices, dialog and music from the original 1966 animated TV special. Whether your family sings pumpkin carols and waits in pumpkin patches or you’re introducing It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown to your kids for the first time, everyone will love this magical interactive Halloween classic!
● Choose from over 1 billion combinations to create your own character and Halloween costume
● Go trick-or-treating with Charlie Brown and the gang
● Carve your own pumpkin, bob for apples and play Schroeder’s piano
● Dialog, music, and sounds from the 1966 animated classic
● Narrated by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown
● Touch and drag objects to make them “spring” to life or tilt to watch them slide and move
● Word and note highlighting to help improve reading and musical skills
● Hear individual words spoken with the tap of a finger
● Jump to any page with a handy bookmark