What is it about?
"Play music by ear"
App Store Description
"Play music by ear"
Learn That Song (REMIX Edition) is a musical assistant that helps you learn to play your favourite songs.
It can change the speed (without changing the pitch), put the music in a comfortable range, loop parts of a song, display a waveform, and rewind or fast forward like a tape player.
Use your ears to learn jazz solos, fiddle tunes, math rock, indigenous music, classical pieces, Lady Gaga… Whatever grooves you, this app will help you develop your listening ability.
* * * FEATURES * * *
1. Your speed, your key.
Whether it's too fast, slow, high, or low, the speed and pitch modules can adapt the music to your preference. You can even change the tempo without altering the pitch.
2. See and scroll.
A fluid, scrollable waveform allows you to quickly and visually access different areas of the song. No need to pinch and zoom to go back and forth between large and small scales because both are visible simultaneously.
3. Tapedeck-style playback.
Say goodbye to accidentally pressing the 'rewind' button and losing your place in the song. You probably want to go back 'just a bit', so that's what the rewind button does: tap to jump back two seconds; hold to seek backwards.
4. Play that again, and again, and again, and…
Create a loop and set in and out points by tapping the buttons or dragging the sliders. With unlimited loops, you can have one for intro, verse, chorus, solo, head, coda…
5. To the left, to the right.
To save time, you can set a loop to the correct number of bars and then just shift to the left or right. This lets you practice in musical sections without re-creating the same loop several times.
6. Play it in twelve keys.
Use the trainer module to learn a section of music by cycling through different keys, automatically or manually. Five transposition schemes give you a variety of approaches depending on the music.
7. Über comfort.
The playback buttons are large and positioned in a way that natural for your hands. You can play, pause, and rewind without looking at the screen.
8. ALL THE TAGS.
You can finally see all of the musical metadata without truncation, including the title, artist, album, composer, and release date.
* * * TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS * * *
• Slow down to 25% of original speed and speed up to 200% without changing the pitch
• Adjust key by up to 12 semitones up and down
• Adjust fine tuning for out of tune recordings or instruments
• Adjust panning for recordings with instruments in one channel
• Train in multiple keys / transpositions automatically
• Loop sections or the entire song
• Save unlimited loops
• Loop in the background while using other apps
• Loop in the background while device is locked / asleep
• See and scroll waveform of song
• Rewind and fast forward like a tape player
• View metadata (Title, Artist, Album, etc…) without truncation
• Play songs from the Music app
• Play songs from Dropbox, Mail, Airdrop, and other apps
• Play songs from iTunes File Sharing / Drag and Drop
• Play MP3, Unprotected AAC / M4A, AIFF, and WAV files
• Stream songs via AirPlay
• No file management required: works with any song in the Music app
• VoiceOver support
• No complicated instructions
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* * * SUPPORT/FEEDBACK * * *
From within the app, tap the question mark icon, then select 'Send Feedback'.
* * * QUOTES * * *
"this app keeps me on my A game. I have all of the songs we play on my iPod […] I load it up on this bad boy and work it out until I land it. I love this app and it will always be on page one"
"allows me to spend the least amount of time touching my iPad and the most time actually picking up notes and wrtiting them down on my sheet. I'm already transcribing my third song and it's really quite fun"
"What an excellent program, at a good price and so simple to use, just what was needed for the iPad, now I can transcribe my music anywhere without being tied to a computer, thanks!"