The new app, which operates completely on an iPhone, allows you to block a connection to any internet domain. After downloading the app, you can block any connection to a specific domain. To help you get started, there are also some default settings. And there’s no need to worry about privacy or security when using the app. Lockdown is open source and operates completely on the device. That means no data or personal information is ever sent to another server.
What is it about?
After downloading the app, you can block any connection to a specific domain. To help you get started, there are also some default settings.
App Store Description
Lockdown blocks trackers and badware in all your apps, blocking an estimated 100 million trackers per month for over 300,000 people.
— Comprehensive Protection —
Lockdown has two privacy features: Firewall and Secure Tunnel VPN. Each feature protects you from different threats, creating the complete solution for protecting your personal data, browsing history, and sensitive connections.
FIREWALL — Blocks Hidden Trackers: The world's first on-device, open source blocker that stops ads, trackers, and badware in all your apps.
— FIREWALL FEATURES —
- Simple, one-tap to get protected against thousands of trackers for most users
- Fully customizable blocking for advanced users: block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured block lists that are updated every week
- Blocking works "on-device" meaning it does all of its blocking without sending all your data to a third party server, unlike other blocking apps
— SECURE TUNNEL FEATURES —
- Hide your location and unique IP address with one tap
- Keeps you safe on public wi-fi hotspots and sites
- Stops spying from snoopers and your ISP or cellular provider
- Ultrafast with over a dozen regions globally
— TRANSPARENCY YOU CAN TRUST —
- Lockdown is Openly Operated certified with a public 38-page audit report, and audited multiple times by security professionals
— UNPARALLELED PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- Business Insider
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to [email protected]
Lockdown - https://lockdownprivacy.com
The Lockdown Secure Tunnel VPN subscription grants unlimited data and encryption through the Lockdown VPN service. Lockdown VPN subscriptions have a free one week trial, after which you will be charged through your iTunes account. Price may vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription early. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.