What is it about?
App Store Description
● 165,000 corpus-based examples of natural English show words in context and how English is really used.
● 230,000 words, phrases, and meanings – more than any other learner's dictionary.
Easy to use – easy to understand
● Definitions written using a vocabulary of just 2,000 words – the Longman Defining Vocabulary, ensuring all definitions are clear and easy to understand.
Expand your vocabulary
● Frequency information on the most common words – the new Longman Communication 9000 – helps you learn them first.
● Words from the Academic Word List highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
Write and speak fluently
● An integrated Collocations Dictionary with more than 65,000 collocations: learn word combinations to use the correct words together, such as ‘take a test’ (not ‘make a test’), ‘heavy rain’ (not ‘strong rain’), and ‘highly successful’.
● The integrated Thesaurus with more than 18,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words helps you improve your writing by using more precise and high level words: stop saying ‘nice’, instead, say ‘lovely, delightful, enjoyable, wonderful, brilliant’.
● Register Notes on the differences between spoken and written English help you express yourself precisely.
Improve your grammar
● Avoid making common mistakes and get extra help with grammar patterns and using the correct tenses.
Improve your pronunciation
● All headwords pronounced in both British and American English
● All example sentences pronounced in either British or American English (via external links)
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.