What is it about?
Free, fast, detailed and entirely offline maps with turn-by-turn navigation. Use driving, walking and cycle navigation anywhere in the world. Maps are updated by millions of OpenStreetMap contributors daily. OSM is an open-source alternative to Google Maps and Apple Maps.
For those who...
- It’s perfect for those who travel outside of their cellular service area or those who are concerned about going over their data limit.
Not for those who...
- Really, the only reason not to download MAPS.ME today is if you never leave the house.
Why we love it
If you travel a lot, we highly recommend downloading MAPS.ME. It may not be for every occasion, but you’re sure going to be happy you downloaded it when the time is right.
App Store Description
Free, fast, detailed and entirely offline maps with turn-by-turn navigation – trusted by over 50 million travelers worldwide.
Save mobile data; no internet is required.
All maps inside and all features are free. Always were and will always be.
Use driving, walking and cycle navigation anywhere in the world.
Directions to points of interest (POIs), hiking trails and places missing from other maps.
Maps are updated by millions of OpenStreetMap contributors daily. OSM is an open-source alternative to Google Maps and Apple Maps.
FAST AND RELIABLE
Offline search, GPS navigation along with optimized maps to effectively save memory space.
Save locations you love and share them with your friends.
Essential for home and travel.
– Search through different categories, e.g. restaurants, cafes, tourist attractions, hotels, ATMs and public transport (metro, bus, etc).
– Make hotel bookings via Booking.com directly from the app.
– Share your location via text message or social media.
– When cycling or walking, the app shows whether the way is uphill or downhill.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you have any questions, visit our Help Center: support.maps.me.
If you are unable to find the answer to your question, contact us at: [email protected]
Follow us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/mapswithme | Twitter: @MAPS_ME