What is it about?
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
App Store Description
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. This can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
Developed especially for patients, caregivers, and families, this version of the Merck Manual medical information app is created just for you. Now with many new features and enhancements, the Merck Manual Consumer app is written in everyday language. This Consumer Version provides clear, practical explanations for thousands of medical disorders, including symptoms and what doctors do to diagnose and treat medical conditions.
The trusted Merck Manual Consumer medical information app for on-the-go reference offers:
• Health and medical information written and updated regularly by more than 350 medical experts
• Topics searchable by symptom, diagnosis or treatment, all written in easy-to-understand language
• Photos and Illustrations on thousands of disorders and diseases
• Animations that visually demonstrate diseases and treatments
• Interactive Quizzes* to test knowledge on health topics--scores can be posted on Twitter
• Drug and Medicine Information Guide* including:
- Drug Interactions
- Pill Identifier
- Medications and over-the-counter drugs
• Medical News and Commentary* covering the most current and important health topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
• Self-assessments* to check your health and fitness levels
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for use in the United States, its territories, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merck.com/policy/commitment/home.html.
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
For questions or help with the app, please contact [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.