Watch the trailer
Compare the photo. With just a tap, you can compare the photo you took with the best one optimized and chosen by Microsoft Pix. Since the app captures a burst of shots and selects the nicest one, you always have the clearest image.
Apply filters. The app comes with nine filters to give your photo that perfect look. Turn it black and white or give it a faded appearance. You can also crop and rotate the image if you like.
What is it about?
If you are a photo-taking fanatic with your iOS device, then you have probably tried tons of camera apps. But, the Microsoft Pix app claims to take the work out of capturing the perfect photo with automatic setting adjustments for every shot.
For those who...
- Like camera apps with automatic settings
- Enjoy uncomplicated camera apps
Not for those who...
- Prefer to make manual adjustments when taking photos
- Prefer their current camera app
Why we love it
Microsoft Pix is certainly easy to use; just open and capture your shot. You can also adjust previous photos you have taken and saved to your device with available filter effects. The images come out nice and you can do a quick comparison of the photo you captured with the adjusted one.
App Store Description
Microsoft Pix named one of the 50 Best Apps of the Year – Time Magazine
“Microsoft might have just made the best and easiest camera app for the iPhone and iPad.” – Napier Lopez, The Next Web
“I found that Microsoft Pix produces photos that are plain old better in some cases…” – Jordan Novet, VentureBeat
Take better photos without extra effort! Microsoft Pix has serious intelligence behind the lens, so it is a bit like having a pro photographer inside your camera – tweaking settings, selecting the best shots, and enhancing them on the fly – to help people and scenes look their best. It’s designed to help take the guesswork out of getting great photos, so now you can just enjoy the moment, instead of struggling to capture it! Microsoft Pix: Point. Shoot. Perfect.
Top 10 Features
• NEW PIX STYLES! Completely transform your photos with artistic styles and watch as your artwork gets created
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture - Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) - Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync - Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don't have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.