Natural Atlas provides you with all of the information you need for any outdoors adventure. It offers a topographical map, provides hints for great hikes, and has a database of thousands of campgrounds and national and state parks. You can also access essential guidebooks to purchase for even more information. Natural Atlas is just what you need on your iPhone when you're planning and playing in the great outdoors.
What is it about?
Natural Atlas provides you with a beautiful, evolving map of the outdoors in your pocket. The ultimate GPS for your outdoor adventures, it allows you to track and plan your hiking, backpacking, boating, or cycling trips and more. You can stay organized with more than 45,000 note presets for keeping track of what you find and see, record activities, and find great campgrounds, hiking trails, and more from one app. It truly is the ultimate app for almost any outdoor adventure.
For those who...
- Love adventuring in the great outdoors
- Are looking for a comprehensive app for hiking, boating, cycling, backpacking, and more
Not for those who...
- Don't like being away from electricity and running water
- Prefer carrying heavy books and cumbersome maps to find their way around in their outdoors adventures
Why we love it
Natural Atlas provides so much information it's difficult to categorize it, and almost all of it is downloadable for use without an internet connection. Topographic maps and more are at your fingertips, along with essential information you need for bird watching, observing wildlife, and even foraging. It even helps you find great guidebooks, which you can then purchase or download straight to your iPhone or iPad.
Natural Atlas is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
A beautiful, evolving map of the outdoors in your pocket. Natural Atlas is the ultimate GPS for your adventures: track & plan your trips – whether you’re into hiking, backpacking, cycling, boating, birding, or something less-common like foraging. Take geo-tagged photos, stay organized with 45,000+ note presets, record 100+ activities, and more.
A free Natural Atlas account is required to use the app. Recordings sync to your online profile & private recordings are available via an in-app upgrade.
■ THE MAP
The Natural Atlas Topo is a one-of-a-kind map of the United States outdoors you won’t find anywhere else on the App Store. It’s continually evolving and will improve with your use. It’s especially-polished in the Western USA. Browse online for free: https://naturalatlas.com
– Powerful, yet simple
– Works Offline
– 100+ Color-Coded Activities
– Switch Activities while Recording (e.g. Driving to Boating to Hiking)
– Stay Organized with 45,000+ Note Presets (Wildlife Species, Plants, Rocks & Minerals, and more)
– Browse 1000’s of Campgrounds, Boat Launches, Waterfalls, Hot Springs, Arches, and more (search everything on the map)
– Advanced Search: “SF Hikes”, “Giant Sequoias in Yosemite”, “Boat Ramps on Yellowstone River”, “Oregon Beach Accesses” (internet required)
– Take Geo-Tagged Photos
– Speed, Distance, and Elevation Stats
– Star Places as “Been To”, “Want To Go To”, or “Like” – Keep a to-do list of places you want to visit
– Follow Friends and members of the community to keep tabs on their outdoor adventures
– Note Segments: highlight difficult climbing pitches, animal tracks you’re following, etc
– Explore Thousands of Guides from high-quality publishers on the web. Find the right guide, then click through to their website (opens in your web browser)
– Import GPX Files on NaturalAtlas.com
■ OFFLINE MAPS
– Simply tap the blocks (≈10x10mi) you want available offline
– Use 3 offline blocks at any given time for free (enough for most day hikes)
– Upgrade for 250 Blocks (download entire regions)
■ CLOUD SYNC
Your recorded trips and notes (markers) automatically sync to your Natural Atlas account, available online at NaturalAtlas.com. Review & share your trips online with friends, family, and the Natural Atlas community
■ PRO SUBSCRIPTION
Upgrade to Natural Atlas Pro (billed yearly) to get more advanced tools for planning your next adventure:
– Map Printing (PDFs) on NaturalAtlas.com
– 250 Offline Storage Blocks
– Natural Atlas US Public Lands Map (based off BLM SMA data) – Shows FS (including inholdings), BLM, NPS, BIA, Bureau of Reclamation, State, and Private - Designed for the Western USA
– Sunrise, Sunset, Golden Hour Times, Moon Illumination Info
– Private Notes & Trips: Want to note a fishing hole but not publicize it? Mark it as private to make it for your eyes only
– Download GPX Files Online
You can subscribe & pay through your iTunes account. Manage your subscription via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
Subscriptions auto-renew unless turned off at least 24hrs before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24hrs prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
[Map Coverage] The Natural Atlas Map is United States only (excluding Alaska). The app works fine outside this area, but will show a third-party OpenStreetMap-based map (not available offline)
[Battery Life] We do everything we can to make the app low power when recording, but GPS is notorious for reducing battery life
[Sensitive Places] Notes of certain sensitive topics like petroglyphs are private by default whether you’ve upgraded to Pro or not
■ ABOUT US
Built in the Greater Yellowstone Area of WY & MT, Natural Atlas aims to be the premier outdoor map & platform for the US outdoors